Helga Jace is a criminal and a computational chemist.
Doctor Helga Jace is a brilliant computational chemist and an expert in protein synthesis simulation. Jace had a theory about infrared spectroscopy and its uses in the treatment of neuropathy. She performed illegal experiments of eleven patients, causing ten to lose their feet while the last one died. Jace was imprisoned for the illegal experiments, and was denied visiting rights to her son.
Jace was recruited by the A.S.A. to help Lynn Stewart with her research on the Green Light Babies. Stewart was reluctant to include her on the team due to her past, but Agent Odell insisted on her inclusion and pressured Stewart to convince her to join the program. As part of the deal, Stewart promised to arrange a visitation with Jace's son. Jace agreed to join the program. One of the security measures was an implant in her ankle that shocked her if she stepped over certain lines, and would send out an alert if the implant was removed.
Jace conducted experiments on Sean Phillips, who was suffering from rapid mitochondrial deterioration. Jace's experimentation caused Sean's powers to manifest and then he died. Dr. Stewart was furious at Jace, but Jace simply said they now had more data to work with. Jace later performed an autopsy on Sean and talked with Dr. Stewart about her experiments. During the talk, Jace found metagene records that indicated that the gene could be inherited. She found the idea of experimenting on a family of meta-humans to be exhilarating.
As Lynn Stewart continued to work on finding a cure, she developed a treatment that would be successful in fifty percent of the affected children. However, that was not good enough for Stewart who was intent on saving them all. Jace decided to go ahead with the treatment since she believed that saving half was better than nothing and faked a series of simulations that showed Stewart's cure working with some modification if the cure was delivered to all of the test subjects simultaneously. Stewart administered the cure to all of the children and was horrified as half of the children died from the procedure. Jace admitted to what she had done, and was led away by security.
Dr. Helga Jace has shown to be intelligent, a very convincing liar and manipulator who has no remorse for human life but just preceives them as science experiments.
- Expert Computational Chemist
- Expert Bio-Genetist
- "The Book of Consequences: Chapter Three: Master Lowry"
- "The Book of Consequences: Chapter Four: Translucent Freak"
- "The Book of Blood: Chapter One: Requiem"
- "The Book of Blood: Chapter Two: The Perdi" (mentioned)
- "The Book of Secrets: Chapter One: Prodigal Son"
- "The Book of Secrets: Chapter Two: Just and Unjust"
- "The Book of Secrets: Chapter Three: Pillar of Fire"
- "The Book of the Apocalypse: Chapter One: The Alpha"
- "The Book of the Apocalypse: Chapter Two: The Omega"
- Dr. Helga Jace created the Anti-Aging Serum, that Tobias Whale is using.
- Dr. Helga Jace went to the country of Markovia and started a meta program.
- Dr. Helga Jace was the architect of the Original Vaccine that was released in Freeland.
Behind the Scenes
In the comics, Helga Jace was an ally of the Outsiders and the one who unlocked Geo Force's Meta-gene.